What is best for kids?
My Guiding Light
We push your precious educational tax dollars into the schools, to focus the funds where the children need it.
(FYI: This picture shows money earned at a lemonade stand)
Expanding Vocational Academies
Kids Graduate with Job Skills and Job Certifications.
An Education Advocate for our Children
The Florida Public School Recess Bill Passes!
Now Music, & Art/STEAM!
Why do I do this?
The education of Lake County's children is as important as the education of my own children.
- A focus on engaging students deeply in their academics: read, write, think, and talk
- Expanding Vocational Academies & Advanced Academic Programs like AICE
- Safety, Mental health and Character Development
- School counselors and mental health professionals
- Nurses and safety officers in every school.
- PASS-in school suspension with a teacher at each school
- Lake Success Academy: Expelled children can now go here and get back on track
- Character Development programs in All Schools
- Focusing on the growing achievement gap in children
- Florida Public School Recess Bill: DONE
- Music & STEAM/Art: DONE
- New Superintendent & District reorganization: DONE
- Money into teacher salaries; art & music.
Lake County Schools is undergoing an exciting transformation. I have been thrilled to be a part of the changes over the last 4 years. We have built new vocational academies, expanded and created new advanced academic programs, brought recess, music and art to all of our elementary schools and much more. We have much more work to do! If you would like to continue to see our schools continue to move into the future then please Vote for Dr. Kristi Burns on August 18.
Lets move into the Future of LCS together
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the most common questions that Kristi has been asked on the trail and in questionnaires.